This is it…insert drum roll…this is the bread everyone loves. The repeated recipe requests pushed me to build this website. It’s an addictively, delicious loaf. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 T chia seeds in 4 oz of water – chia slurry
- 2 C almond meal
- 3/4 C arrowroot
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Make chia slurry by soaking chia seeds in water. Mix well to avoid clumps.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil pan (I use coconut or olive oil).
- Mix, using a whisk, the almond meal, arrowroot, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, apple cider vinegar and chia slurry.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps for about 1 minute. The mixture is thick; no extra liquid is required.
- Pour mix into the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the bread has a nice, firm golden top and the edges are pulling away from the pan.
- Let bread cool in the pan and remove once totally cooled.
- Tip = if you double the recipe, which I often do, you will need to add more baking time. Expect to add about 10-15 more minutes. Watching the color and firmness is beneficial as cooking times may vary.
Makes one well rounded magic pan (7.5 by 3.5) loaf.
The above recipe was inspired by a Tania Hubbard recipe. When posting this I found the original link broken, however with more searching I discovered she also modified her original recipe and has since reposted it here. Now the recipes are quite similar.