Delicious, spiced, protein packed muffins (or bread) will jump start your day. This nut and gluten free recipe is quick to make with very little added sugar. The spices best meld, if you can wait a day to eat it. Easy to make ahead and freeze too!
- 1/2 C quinoa flour
- 1/2 C quinoa flakes
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/8 t (a pinch) ginger
- 1/8 t (a pinch) allspice
- 1/8 t (a pinch) cloves
- 2 T honey
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter – you call the sweetness)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly oil pan (I use coconut or olive oil). If using baking cups, lightly oil them too.
- Mix, using a whisk, the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until well blended; you can’t over-mix.
- Pour mix into muffin tin or bread pan.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes. Bake bread for 40-45 minutes. As with all bread watch for a firm golden top and edges pulling away from the pan.
Makes 10-11 muffins or one well rounded magic pan (7.5 by 3.5) loaf.
The above recipe was inspired by recipe found on a Quinoa Flakes box; it’s available online here.