I’m almost embarrassed to share this “recipe” as it’s really just short instructions. The chicken is juicy and delicious. No one will know you didn’t do anything.
- 1 package of 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (bone in and skin on works too!)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add desired seasonings for flavor. Get creative as almost everything tastes good with chicken!
- Roasted Chicken style with garlic, onion, and sage
- Italian style with basil, garlic, rosemary and oregano
- Mexican style with chili, cumin and paprika
- On busy days I use premixed seasonings like Mrs. Dash, Tony Chachere’s, Slap Ya Mama, Konriko, etc.
- Place raw chicken in bottom of the slow cooker.
- Salt, Pepper and season, as desired, to taste. I season in the same amounts as if grilling the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Most chicken will be done at 3 hours, however some of the larger thighs may take up to 4 hours. The thighs will contract and the juices will be clear when cooked.
- Allow the juices/drippings to cool, then pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze. The fat will rise to the top once frozen and is easily scraped off, if you desire. The next time you need chicken broth or are making a soup, use your own seasoned drippings!