Dinner in a bowl? Lunch on the go? Yes! This uniquely flavored dished is always a hit. I serve it atop rice and sprinkled with feta. Then I pack up leftovers for lunches. Often I double the recipe and freeze half.
- 2 T olive oil
- Coarsely grated zucchini (from about 2 to 3 small zucchinis or one medium zucchini)
- 1/2 coarsely grated onion (medium or large) or 3 green onions, thinly sliced, with onion greens included
- 2 T Mint (or spearmint)
- 2 T Cilantro
- 2 t ground Cumin
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t Garlic Flakes
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 1/2 t Cayenne
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- Saute veggies with all seasonings.
- Once the veggies have cooked down add meat.
- Finish cooking and serve hot.
- Tip = Feta cheese is a delicious topping!
The above recipe is a variation of a SimplyRecipes recipe which was adapted from Jerusalem: A Cookbook. Desiring a “bowling” recipe, I took a stir fry approach rather than burgers and eliminated the sour cream sauce.