This tasty gluten free tabbouleh satisfies. Quinoa beautifully substitutes the typical cracked wheat base and unlike other substitutions to gluten free recipes this one doesn’t diminish, it enhances the flavors, especially if you can make it ahead.
- 3 C cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 bunch parsley chopped, approximately 1 C
- 1/2 cup scallions or green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, large sized chopped
- 2 T mint, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T basil, minced
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 t salt, or to taste
- 1/8 t white pepper, or to taste
- Make quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together with the cooled quinoa.
- Chill for at least one hour, over night is better.
The above recipe was listed on the back of a Bob’s Red Mill bag of quinoa; it’s listed online here. I’ve slightly modified it above to address moisture and flavor preferences.