Probiotic and protein happiness! This simple smoothie gets your day started right. I make a big batch and put the rest the refrigerator for an even quicker “grab and go” breakfast the next day.
- 32 oz plain kefir (1 container)
- 13.5 oz coconut milk (1 can)
- 1/2 cup hemp protein powder (other protein works but you’ll want to adjust based on their recommendations)
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 10 oz frozen fruit (1 package): raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.
- 5 oz frozen fruit (1/2 package); mango, strawberries, etc.
- 1 banana
- Note = I use a large Vitamix liquid container for my smoothies. The large containers hold 8 1/2 cups.
- Add kefir, coconut milk, hemp and vanilla.
- Blend on a low setting to assure your protein doesn’t clump, this is especially important if you use egg white protein.
- Add the fruit.
- Tip = if you want a sweeter smoothie you may add honey, maple syrup or another banana.