Coffee shops often have a self-serve bar of fun toppings for your drink. Since I have limited choices at coffee shops – no vanilla shots, please! – I used to add these options to enhance the flavor of my beverage. One day I saw a sparkle from white, refined sugar and realized that the labels were misleading. This quick and simple blend of your favorite flavors stores in a repurposed spice jar or a saltshaker.
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 2 t xylitol or coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1 t cacao powder (optional)
- Consider desired flavors for taste preferences. You may also enjoy:
- ground vanilla
- coconut flakes
- Mix spices together
- Place in storage container and enjoy!
- Tip = this works equally well on foamed milk (coffee) and whipped cream (hot chocolate). It also taste delicious with non-dairy milks. It’s versatile enough for desserts too. I use it as flavoring for heavy whipping cream and as a dash of color and flavor on a dessert plate, in lieu of powdered sugar.