This uniquely flavored side dish is simple and delicious. The tarragon and shallots enhance the zucchini without overpowering. It’s quick to make and always enjoyed.
- 3 large or 6 small zucchinis
- 1 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 large shallot (or small onion)
- 1 t tarragon
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Trim the ends and then cut into 1-inch lengths. Cut each length through the center into two halves.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet (medium high/high works best). Once the pan is warmed add the shallots and zucchini. Saute for 5-10 minutes or until your preferred level of doneness. I like to see some browning.
- Add the tarragon and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe is from the New York Times Cookbook here.