The chilled Spanish soup is always a hit with guests. We often serve it as dinner starter during warm months, however it’s great for lunch with a side sandwich too. It’s simple to make the day before and the flavors meld overnight while it gets to that perfect chilly temperature.
- 2 medium-size cored tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium to large cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz. vegetable juice, like Kuner’s
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- If you’d like some heat, add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to taste (a little goes a long way)
- Optional Toppings when served
- Sour Cream or yogurt
- Chopped cilantro
- Add all ingredients to blender or Vitamix
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8-10 hours; overnight is better,
- Tip = this recipe is sized for a 64 oz. Vitamix container. You may need to scale the ingredient amounts for your blender.
The above recipe is a slight variation of a The Woman’s Day Cookbook recipe. There are many Gazpacho recipes out there but over the years we’ve found this one to be the best starting point.