Flavor empowers. It energizes composition. Its absence renders things inert and yet, when well used, it’s the fulcrum on which everything pivots. The Mediterranean Turkey Stir Fry recipe is simple to make with few ingredients; it’s the spices that generate greatness. People love to play the guessing game of which spices are used. Hint – few recognize the cilantro.
Here’s the recipe from July 16, 2016.
- 2 T olive oil
- Coarsely grated zucchini (from about 2 to 3 small zucchinis or one medium zucchini)
- 1/2 coarsely grated onion (medium or large) or 3 green onions, thinly sliced, with onion greens included
- 2 T Mint (or spearmint)
- 2 T Cilantro
- 2 t ground Cumin
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t Garlic Flakes
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 1/2 t Cayenne
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- Saute veggies with all seasonings.
- Once the veggies have cooked down add meat.
- Finish cooking and serve hot.
- Tip = Feta cheese is a delicious topping!
The above recipe is a variation of a SimplyRecipes recipe which was adapted from Jerusalem: A Cookbook. Desiring a “bowling” recipe, I took a stir fry approach rather than burgers and eliminated the sour cream sauce.